THE NEW GOLF COURSE AT THE CAPE CLUB IS NOW OPEN!
The Cape Club (formerly Ballymeade Country Club), located on Cape Cod in Falmouth, Mass. opened for daily-fee play on Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016. A totally new golf experience was unveiled as the original 18-holes were essentially wiped away and a completely new golf course was constructed.
The Clubhouse's entire interior and exterior has been completely renovated to include state-of-the-art amenities, refreshed event space, a bridal suite, luxurious marble flooring and more!
Click Here for more information on Weddings & Special Occasions at The Cape Club.
A new golf experience is also being crafted as the original 18-holes have been transformed to create a totally refreshed golf journey. New tee boxes were added, fairways were widened and reshaped, putting greens and new green complexes were constructed, and each hole was enhanced with silica "Augusta-white" sand bunkers. Greens, green approaches, and fairways were seeded with bent grass. Roughs and tees were hydro-seeded with a rye and bluegrass blend. Outer rough areas were seeded with a drought tolerant fescue. Further golf course renovations include:
- Dramatic changes made to every hole, including an expanded water feature on holes 9 and 18 that will present a challenging finish to each nine
- Enhanced view corridors on fairways
- New regular and forward tees added on select holes, plus new elevated back tees were created
- Resurfaced and expanded tee boxes
- All fairways were re-contoured
- Completely rebuilt green complexes that were all reshaped and re-contoured
- Addition of all new strategically placed fairway and greenside bunkers
- Cart paths materials were created using white crushed stone to match the look of the Augusta white-sand bunker
COURSE PROGRESS PHOTO GALLERY